Group Verduyn is a family business that grows, washes, sorts, cuts, packs and sells various types of fresh vegetables. There is close cooperation with hundreds of vegetable growers in Belgium and abroad. Advisors assist them offering well-thought-out guidance. The company is managed by the Verduyn family, and with the third generation at the helm, the future is assured. In the context of rapid growth, we wish to strengthen our team with a Quality Controller.
What can we offer?
You will be joining a fast-growing organisation where you will be part of an enthusiastic and dynamic team of hard-working and loyal colleagues. You will be working in an environment with a pleasant working atmosphere and where your efforts will be highly appreciated. You will be given the opportunity to take on a challenging position where you will have the space to develop yourself further. You can count on a competitive salary and a start-up in the very short term.
What does your day as a quality controller look like?
- You are the central figure in operational quality control, applying your knowledge of legal requirements, specifications and internal specifications during product control.
- Together with other departments, you increase quality awareness on the shop floor in terms of food safety, legal applications and the quality of our products.
- You play a crucial role in the control and sampling of products.
- You are responsible for the internal communication of the findings and the follow-up of the proposed corrective actions.
- You are responsible for the interpretation of analysis reports and internal communication about them.
- You work very closely with various production departments, the quality department and the external lab.
Who are we looking for?
You have a bachelor degree in a preferably food-agro related field. You are fluent, sociable and enjoy working in a team. You are highly communicative and can express yourself well in Dutch, English and French. Accuracy and consistency are important to you! You are good at setting priorities under time pressure. Your practical attitude and hands-on mentality are typical of you!